Spreadsheet for reloading

Good job, I use a simular data form for relaoding. Ive broken mine down into a three ring notebook separated for each caliber rifle. When ever I work up a load, the data is recorded date # rounds ect. When I find that perfect load, it becomes very easy to reproduce.

I also have a row to track cases and times the case has been reloaded Another post listed coal and some other data and its all good. case trim length nubmer of times that case has been trimmed ect. Good stuff.

I find my 3 ring works great as I have all the calibers listed including pistols and it makes for easy reference and when I find articles or other reload info for a specific cal. I can place it in the appropriate slot in the 3 ring and I'll have it when needed.

For those of you who like to use spreadsheets to track reloading data (i certainly do), you should check out google spreadsheets. (docs.google.com)

There is a spreadsheet, word editor, etc. i mostly use the spreadsheet. Excel certainly is more powerful, but google spreadsheets still has all of the built in functions that we all use for shooting like STDEV, AVG, etc. The nice thing is all of the spreadsheets are saved by google so you can access them from any computer with an internet connections.

And even better is you can share the spreadsheets with friends, set access levels (write, read only, private, public, etc) which makes it very easy and safe to share shooting logs/results with everybody here on LRH.

Google also just came out with a new feature called "Drive". You can get 5GB of free storage to save any file you want. I save all of my various targets (pdf format), all of my reloading data spreadsheets, and other documents related to shooting. And if you don't want to use google spreadsheets, you can use Drive to store all of your excel files and set sharing permissions with those as well.

I've found these spreadsheets very useful. I wonder if any of you excel masters have been able to add formulas in for calculating your velocity and muzzle energy at 100, 200, 300, etc. yardages, kind of like a ballistics calculator does. Or would this be too complicated of a formula?

I am using a spread sheet today for making a case insert.
It calculates the cartridge taper, subtracts the case wall thickness, and comes of with the indexed diameters for the insert.

The insert is to increase the expansion ratio to get the energy up and the muzzle pressure down to one atmosphere above ambient.

Cell C3
=0.5039-(0.00128*B3)

Cell D3
=0.5039-(A3*2)-(0.00128*B3)

Attachments

• pic of spread sheet 45 70 case filler 7-20-2012.jpg
    pic of spread sheet 45 70 case filler 7-20-2012.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 644
I've found these spreadsheets very useful. I wonder if any of you excel masters have been able to add formulas in for calculating your velocity and muzzle energy at 100, 200, 300, etc. yardages, kind of like a ballistics calculator does. Or would this be too complicated of a formula?

I wouldn't think it would be too hard to add it once you know the formula as long as it isn't an iterative calc. I don't know what the formula's are. They might be in Brian Litz book...

Hi

I have a T/C 243win and want to load 115gr Berger VLD any idea on loads for 243 ? it has a 1-10 twist 22" barrel & I use sonchem powders S365

Attachments

• incredload.pdf
    468.5 KB · Views: 880
Sounds like you're on a mission... You have to love this thing we do... I hope you succeed... Like always be safe and Happy Holidays to you and your love ones...