Spotting Scope Help

bdeardorf

Looking to get a new spotting scope this spring and need help on selection. Really trying to keep cost below $500. Unit will be used for hunting and target shooting at the farm (300yds - 400yds max). I know you get what you pay for but unless I sell a gun, I can not spend much over $500 this year.

So far I have read good things on the following Bushnell 20-60x80 Legend Ultra HD, Leupold 15-30x50 Compact Golden Ring Spotter, Leupold 20-60x80 SX-1 Ventana Spotter, Leupold 20-60x80 Green Ring Seqoia Spotter (this one is discontinued and the closeout price is only about $350), and Vortex 15-45x65 Viper.

Which one of the above would you pick or do you have another model in the price range?

Thanks for the help.

Really any of them should work pretty well to 400 yards. unless you are wanting to see bullet holes that far. i have a mark 4 Leupold with the tmr reticule in it. but that is over you budget. but i would probably go with a lupy just because of the warranty and customer service.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts