Spotting scope eye relief

Just to make sure, we are talking about the Leupold 47878 12-40x60mm Spotting Scope, right?

It now comes in a tactical version with MIL-DOT reticle also. 53756.

Is this the right one?

Doug

Ouch, $750 ...

Where is the best place to get one?

Leupold 53756 Golden Ring 12-40x60mm Tactical Spotting Scope for $890 ...

Doug

I used to have the Kowa 80mm with the 20-60 eyepiece,you don't have enough eye-relief in the bigger magnifications(really good scope though,very clear glass)if you were glasses.
The only spotting scope that has allot of eyerelief at all magnifications is the 12-40X 60mm leupold.
PS allot of sales pitch from different companies tell you that they have enough eye-relief for glasses.In my opinion 16-18mm eye-relief should be your minimum requirement when shopping around

[ 03-29-2003: Message edited by: Dimitrios ]

I wear tri-focals & 18mm doesn't even come close to being enough eye relief for me, I'd prefer 25mm for my needs. Without glasses there isn't enough adjustment in the ocular lens for me to focus on anything. So with my glasses on it's almost like looking through a pinhole.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.