Spotting Deer at Longe Range - Part 7

Buffalobob

I use the Kowa 820 with 32X wide Angle lens. I can resolve a spike mule deer tine at 1350 yds. Some times I just move over to the left of the spotting scope and look for deer under the objectve lens.

441129.JPG

I want to know how many birds you had fly into the lens on that thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Do you have to haul around a bucket and squeege for it.

bb,
I cant speak for the rest of the folks on here, but I am going to go through withdrawl when you finally get home.......I'm hooked on your continuing saga out west. I really appreciate your time and effort to do this.....and your sense or humor!
Good hunting and God Bless!
Jim

When you get back from all of this we/I fully expect an well written article in one of the mags or at least you are keeping an accurate journal (i.e., Lewis and Clark like) Really, no kiddin'

I don't know BB , a guy with your computer skills could have easily made that Kowa look like it was bigger than deer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Did you range them ? what? 60 yds or so ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW , the antelope is marvelous , I have cooked it several ways at this point and all are winners .Did you get your summer sausage from the " butchers " in Salmon yet ?

later , Jim B.

Hey Jimm,

I don't know about you but I'm thinkin' summer sausage is a waste of good game meat. Sheeesh! That's something you'd want to do to a cow or horse, maybe a donkey or mule but not an antelope.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also, I'm figgerin' bb is skeer'd to go to sleep at night cause a deer may step on his tootsies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

PS: Son & I went out behind the house yesterday afternoon to see if we could find a buck. Walked up on a really nice cow moose. Whatdathink of them apples. Wooda been a perfect 80yd shot for that 250 Hor HPBT Match. Would have hit her at about 2950. But.....no tag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Jimm,

I don't know about you but I'm thinkin' summer sausage is a waste of good game meat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking the same thing Roy , but6 you gotta remember BB is a long way from home without a freezer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

He gave Jess ,Bryce and I 3 of his 5 antelope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif and there will be no sausage making with it . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Naw ! he aint skeered , just lonely for a good spotter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You mean to say you didn't shoot that moose ? Are you sure Roy ? Roy ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gotta go check the grill now , suppers cooking , Jim B.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.