Spotting Deer at Longe Range - Part 7

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buffalobob, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

I use the Kowa 820 with 32X wide Angle lens. I can resolve a spike mule deer tine at 1350 yds. Some times I just move over to the left of the spotting scope and look for deer under the objectve lens.

[​IMG]

2. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

OK

For all you people with no sense of humor. There are two deer in the picture above.

3. MagMan

MagMan Well-Known Member

I want to know how many birds you had fly into the lens on that thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Do you have to haul around a bucket and squeege for it.

4. zingdingo

zingdingo Well-Known Member

Very nice, BB, very nice

5. MT4XFore

MT4XFore Well-Known Member

bb,
    I cant speak for the rest of the folks on here, but I am going to go through withdrawl when you finally get home.......I'm hooked on your continuing saga out west. I really appreciate your time and effort to do this.....and your sense or humor!
    Good hunting and God Bless!
    Jim

6. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

When you get back from all of this we/I fully expect an well written article in one of the mags or at least you are keeping an accurate journal (i.e., Lewis and Clark like) Really, no kiddin'

7. Jimm

Jimm Writers Guild

I don't know BB , a guy with your computer skills could have easily made that Kowa look like it was bigger than deer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Did you range them ? what? 60 yds or so ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW , the antelope is marvelous , I have cooked it several ways at this point and all are winners .Did you get your summer sausage from the " butchers " in Salmon yet ?

later , Jim B.

8. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Hey Jimm,

I don't know about you but I'm thinkin' summer sausage is a waste of good game meat. Sheeesh! That's something you'd want to do to a cow or horse, maybe a donkey or mule but not an antelope.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also, I'm figgerin' bb is skeer'd to go to sleep at night cause a deer may step on his tootsies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

PS: Son & I went out behind the house yesterday afternoon to see if we could find a buck. Walked up on a really nice cow moose. Whatdathink of them apples. Wooda been a perfect 80yd shot for that 250 Hor HPBT Match. Would have hit her at about 2950. But.....no tag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. Jimm

Jimm Writers Guild

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey Jimm,

I don't know about you but I'm thinkin' summer sausage is a waste of good game meat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking the same thing Roy , but6 you gotta remember BB is a long way from home without a freezer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

He gave Jess ,Bryce and I 3 of his 5 antelope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif and there will be no sausage making with it . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Naw ! he aint skeered , just lonely for a good spotter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You mean to say you didn't shoot that moose ? Are you sure Roy ? Roy ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gotta go check the grill now , suppers cooking , Jim B.