• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED -SPF- 340 WBY, McMillan, Schneider, Nightforce

elkregulator

I have a 340 Weatherby Mag
Remington 700 long action
Built by Dan Dowling (one of the best benchrest gunsmiths)
Schneider stainless steel 26 inch. Barrel, 1 in 10 twist
No free bore
Over sized recoil lug
Tuned Remington trigger (about 1.5 lbs) This is honestly the best trigger I have ever felt.
Blue printed remington 700 action
Piller bedded
Fired 200-250 rounds.
20moa steel scope base
McMillan htg stock
Lapped burris xtr 6 screw rings
Around 100 pieces of prepped, unfired norma brass (holes drilled, necks turned)
50 loaded rounds
Dies (forster fl sizing die, redding seating die)
Load data
Horus ASLI - level/angle indicator with leupold mount
Also includes a short piece of barrel chambered at the same time and with the same reamer the gun is chambered with so you can properly seat your bullets to the rifleing (I can't remember what this is called)

Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 included with box and paper work

Shot several 5 shot groups in the .325" range at 100 yds

Gun alone was over $2450.00 when built
plus all of the extras really add up.

weights about 12 lbs with scope (bathroom scale)
can provide additional pics if interested

$3000 for the package plus actual shipping

First pic is this year sighting in for hunting, 1" squares at 100 yards. This was the three (3) different bullets I tested, 200 grain ballistic tip, 225 grain accubond, and 250 grain round nose.
Three shot groups of each. As you can see the largest group was the accubond at about 1" and that was my fault. Subsequent groups tightened up and it's what I used. I just wanted to show that this gun shoots everything I've put down it well.
CIMG1339.jpg

Pic of gun, I have Velcro on the cheekpiece that I will remove before shipping. I have it there to hold a pouch.
CIMG1385.jpg

DSC006802.jpg

I am not an "expert marksman". I shoot before hunting and then go. I would love to see what this gun can do in the hands of someone who can really shoot.
references available
thanks for looking

[email protected]

Last edited:
Re: 340 WBY, McMillan, Schneider, Nightforce

The description did not include a muzzle brake. The picture did not show the entire barrel. I would like to know if it has one. Thanks.

Nope, no brake. The recoil is very manageable. The gun is around 12 lbs, not a 7 lbs shoulder buster.
Plus, my ears don't ring after the shot while hunting…..

On another note, I would like to sell the package together. I'm not interested in parting it out yet.

Thanks for looking

Re: 340 WBY, McMillan, Schneider, Nighforce

That seems like a pretty dang good price to me!

Doesn't seem like the price is right… No takers yet.... Hold on, is everyone waiting for the next stimulus package?

I will sell the gun without the scope and level for $1700, but I will not sell the scope without the gun.

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Re: 340 WBY, McMillan, Schneider, Nighforce

Doesn't seem like the price is right… No takers yet.... Hold on, is everyone waiting for the next stimulus package?

I will sell the gun without the scope and level for $1700, but I will not sell the scope without the gun.

Thanks for looking
Just seen your thread, price is good. Don't think im interested but just wanted to comment on your gunsmith. Anyone interested here and don't know Dan Dowling is one of the finest gunsmith's in the world. I shot years ago on the IBS circuit Dan had a lot of winning guns out there. In my era top guys was Sinclair, Masker, Hammonds, and Dowling. Good luck selling your gun.
Mike

Mike, Thanks for the comment. Dan is a very good gunsmith and I would recommend him to anyone.

Hello,

I believe that Dan invented the 6mm Dasher that is used a lot in the longer range matches. A very good gunsmith.

James

They are working for me... Can anyone else see them?

If anyone cannot see the pics, send me a pm or email and I will send them to you.