• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED SPF-223 SPS Varmint Barreled Action- SPF

roadhunter

WTS- an SPS Varmint barreled action complete with trigger and bottom metal. Factory .223 with 26" barrel, no j-lock and finely tuned old style trigger. This rifle has less than 50 rounds through it.

It was purchased new from Cabelas by my father. He had the trigger job done then got it dialed in for a prairie dog hunt this year. After firing a couple rounds he had a catostophic case failure due to what I am assuming was just old brass and/or a loose primer pocket. He got some powder blast to the eyes but was luckily ok.

This rifle shot 1/2 moa groups with handloads before the case failure, but he can't seem to get it to shoot better than 1.5 moa anymore. So, if someone is looking for a cheap barreled action to re-barrel, set back, or just mess with here it is!

I got several pics on photobucket $375.00 plus shipping to your FFL. sps varmint pictures by roadhunter_bucket - Photobucket feel free to email any questions kitz33965@comcast. Posted on another site too, first I'll take it.

Thanks,

Doug

IMG_0519.jpg

Last edited: