Speer Hot Core

tobehunted

Looked all over the place for speer 30 cal. 165 gr spitzer ( flat base hot core) bullets ,speer #2035 and couldnt find them ANYWHERE, so i emailed speer directly and the email i got back said they were going to discontinue the hot core in 2011. Would be in the 2010 lineup but not 2011. Anyone shooting hot cores might want to stock up.

Are they dropping the entire Hot-Cor line or just the 165gr spitzer? If Speer drops the Hot-Cor line, there goes half their rifle bullets. Then what do they have left. Grand Slams which are the same price as other premium bullets...match bullets which are anything but match grade...Trophy Bonded Bear Claws which are way over priced.

Don't get me wrong. I like Speer. I used to use nothing but RCBS equipment and Speer bullets. They're now part of a bigger conglomerate so I assume whatever does not sell gets axed.
I still use the 150gr flat base spitzer in my 300 Savage. Easy to find as no one wants that particular bullet. My funnest (is there such a word) bullet was the Speer 110gr Varminter HP #1835. I always got a 2 1/2 back flip on ground squirrels that would have made a pro snowboarder proud. I wish I knew Speer was canceling that bullet. I would have ordered them all up.

I did notice in looking at their catalog that none of their bullets have boat tails. All their rifle bullets, except the so called 'match' bullets:rolleyes:, are flat base bullets. They better come out with something that will appeal to the longer range hunting crowd.

I looked in my email but i had already deleted the message , hot core was going to be replaced by the new deep curl bullets ( if i remember it right ). I wish i had known before i worked the load up and then couldnt get bullets.

There's no more 165 Hot-Cores 'cause I bought them all! I thought I read somewhere Speer is replacing their Hot-Cor line with something called Deep Curl bullets. I believe they are a design with an electro-plated jacket like the Fusion line of ammo.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts