Southwest Arkansas hobby gunsmith

Alphawolf45

I am 55 . Retired machinist. Hobby gunsmith that builds an occasional rifle from barstock. Presently finishing a muzzleloader and a Winchester 1873 and doing early work of building a Borchardt in .45-90 and a Winchester lowwall in .17HM2... I seldom actually finish one..Been more than a year since I finished the last one..Thinking I will get out and try some hunting and or target shooting to give me reason to finish my projects....Primarily I just enjoy working in my home workshop..Anybody else here enjoy building their own? Heres a view of Highwall I built in .38-55 caliber.
100_4330.jpg

Alphawolf. Very nice work. Do you do the wood fitting and finish also? My Gunsmith in Kila, MT., John King builds hiwalls, sharps and rollers all from stock also except the barrels. Beautiful works of art. Yours is so close, to being finished. Do yourself a favor and finish it and shoot it and show it. I am so jealous that you have talent to create a masterpiece like that. Awesome, Jeff

Yeah me too, I cast the buttplates and make every flat spring, pin and bolt...I buy rifled barrel blanks and tube magazines and make as much of everything else as I can..I carve the wood too....There are guys out there doing considerably better work than I am doing, god bless'em I am still learning the craft and this will never be anything except a hobby.......I am however doing what I enjoy in my own home workshop. Having heaps of fun... Here is my copy of a .22 Marlin model 1892 that I built everything except barrel and tube magazine ..

100_4007.jpg

Nice work glad to have you on this site

I sure appreciate the welcome. I see a lot of past posts in the gunsmithing section that I will want to read...And I know nothing about reloading, so I'll hunt posts on that subject..I probably wont say much but am liable to spend a pile of hours on here.. Looks like a real good group.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.