South Dakotans! Where you at?

I'm in Rapid and I'm new to this site. It looks interesting.

I just recently picked up a new rifle and I've been having fun with it. It's a DPMS LR308L. I put a Zeiss 4.5 to 14 with the RapidZ 800 reticle on it. Very nice rifle and glass, I'm happy. I brought some cheap 2-liter orange soda with me last friday and placed them at distances between 475 and 600 yards. I ranged them and got dialed in and was able to splatter them pretty well. The furtherest was 591 yards, it took me 3 shots. What a blast!

Bob

Newbie here! I'm in S.F. but I've lived in Vermillion, Bryant, Madison, and Artesian. I'm looking to get set up and start working my way out to long ranges.

I'm been on here forever it seems like. I mostly just read the posts. I live in Rapid City. Don't get to hunt much due to work but do like to shoot long.

Another newbie here. I live on a farm near Doland, SD. Got pointed in this sites deirection last month, and am looking forawrd to working out to some longer ranges.

Hi there Im new here and live in the N.E part of the state. What is the closest 500- 1000yrd range to me?

Hey, now that I think of it if any of you south dakotans live out close to the missouri river and are lookin for someone to hunt yotes with ya better let me know I would love to hunt sometime over there, thats alot different country than in the eastern part of the state over here!

You might try Steve Hansen at Gary's gun shop in SF, he built a sendero for me last summer.

He has done work for some benchrest guy's locally,600-1000 yd shooters etc.

Easy smith to work with, no BS.

I live 25 or so miles east, technically not a south dakotan but I was once.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.