South Carolina Pig

Buffalobob

I have been gong down to South Carolina hunting pigs at Hamilton Ridge WMA for a couple of years with only limited success.

I journeyed back down to South Carolina to hunt pigs again this year. DNR had changed things around so we got to hunt before the hound dog hunters so the pigs were well distributed and not pushed into deep cover. Saw pigs the first two days and even missed a shot at a medium sized boar. Friday evening Phil and his buddy came down from Ft Bragg and camped out with me. Early Saturday we got up and headed out to hunt. I sent them to a logging road that traversed about three miles of prime pig swampland. About a quarter of a mile down the road they came upon a small boar and Phil's buddy killed it with a 5.56 AR and some heavy bullets in a fast twist barrel. The range was pretty short but success is success and after two years of getting skunked out, I was exceedingly happy that we had a pig.
Here are some pictures of the camp and them cleaning the pig.

Attachments

• Pigs2012 (5).JPG
    Pigs2012 (5).JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Pigs2012 (7).JPG
    Pigs2012 (7).JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Pigs2012 (9).JPG
    Pigs2012 (9).JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 103
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.