Source for savage bottom metal?

JakeC

I'm using a Stevens action to put an old barrel I like back into its old accustock. The original action and metal became a saum in a B&c stock. Anyway, It didn't occur to me that the stevens had no bottom metal! Anyway I thought no problem I'll just go buy it. It's the old style 10fcp-sr beavertail job.

Cannot find. Anywhere. What am I doing wrong? I'm after just the DBM well, the front plate. There's millions of those guns out there.

If I can't find the 4.4 dbm mag plate, do any of the aftermarket ones drop in? I'm finding mixed intel about that. Thanks for any leads.

IMG_7385.jpeg

I believe it is MDT makes a 3 round AICS poly mag the fits a bit recessed for easy carry. I bought one for .308/6.5CM size and like it.

Just an option if you go with the aftermarket bottom metal.

Can't speak for your action/stock, I get lost on all the different savage variations, but having just put a model 10 into a stocky's stock I can say those aics bottom metals take much more work than I though they would (about 1/4" of material from the front of the magwell), so I switched to the newer factory mag system. The mags are unobtanium right now (had to get ripped off on ebay for one) but the bottom metals are out there.
https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/accessories/savage-sa-metal-magwell4c710