Something a little different...

Flintlock

I picked up this Pachmayr Dominator in 308 a while back and I have been waiting on the right deal for a 1911 lower. Found one from a fellow SP shooter and traded a barrel for it.
This is a 308 Bolt Action unit that attaches to the frame with one bolt up through the magazine well, another point is the slide pin and a set screw agains the recoil lug on the frame..
The scope is a new Bushnell XLT 2x6 I have been saving for something. It has a TSOB base with Burris Signature Zee rings.
Just loaded some 150grn SST's with Varget and will try to get some range time if these storms will quit. I've worked nearly none stop since tuesday night when all of the tornados came through the North Oklahoma city and surrounding areas getting the power restored.

DSCF1060.jpg

DSCF1065.jpg

I read an article in either Shooting Times or Guns and Ammo twenty-some years ago about one of those. It was quite accurate. Recoil should be brisk with that one. I have an XP 100 in 7mm-08 and while recoil isn't painful I wouldn't care for much more.

for a semi-auto 308 Win pistol instead of a single shot 308 on a semi-auto frame there's this:

dsc00108.jpg

The upper pistol is a Vector V51 It's a pistol version of an H&K G3 chambered in 7.62x51 Nato but will shoot 308 WIn.
The lower pistol is a 50 Beowulf AR-15. It has more muzzle energy but the V51 delivers more energy beyond about 300 yards.

As far as I know these are the most powerful semi-auto pistols commercially avaialble.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.