Some weekend shooting

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by sniperjwt, Jun 23, 2010.

1. sniperjwt

sniperjwt Well-Known Member

I got to do a little shooting this past weekend and my brother and i had a idea that we would shoot some old books with our guns. So we first set up about 8 old textbooks up taped together at 400 yards. First up was the 22-250 with a 55g V-Max bullet. Penatration was pretty good for that light of a bullet. It went through the first book and stopped in the second. Next up was my brothers 7mm Ultra Mag. He hit it a little high but it made for a good photo of how a bullet expands. He was shooting the 162 A-Max

[​IMG]

Next up was my 7mm STW shooting the 168 Berger bullets. This is what we were able to recover from the hit. Very devistating and went through 3 books before being stopped in the 4th.

[​IMG]

Next up was my 300WSM with the 168 SMK. This one was quiet odd. when we first walked up it looked like the bullet had hit almost sideways. I dont think this would be possible and still be accurate. Did find a large part of the jacket for this one.

[​IMG]

All in all it was interesting and fun to shoot and see how the bullets react.

2. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

Talk about a devistating test. Wow. Thats, IMO, complete bullet disentigration. were the books old enough to be petrified?
    Next time you shoot books use an A-Frame, Patrition, or a bonded bullet. Youll likely kill the books much deader:D I here theyre pretty hard to bring down:D.
    Cool pics.

3. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Fun test, good pics. Thanks for sharing.