Some thanks to Chris Matthews

craigp40

I just wanted to thank Chris publicly and send out a little plug for him.

Chris is currently building me a 7mmRM. It's been 14 weeks now, but the delay lies solely with McMillan's inability to keep up with A5 orders. Anyway, this wouldn't have been a problem, however I'm heading down to attend ASC#4 on 20 May. I was counting on that rifle being done for this competition. So what does Chris do? He sends me his personal brand new rifle to take! He didn't have to do that, but I think it really shows what kind of guy he is. Thanks Chris. You really helped me out of a bind.

And I think this shows what kind of gunsmith he is. He sent me a 300 Win Mag. Below is a picture of it and a group I shot with it on the first time out. I used 190 SMKs and IMR 4350. Granted, this isn't the best powder for this gun, but I have a ton of it. Velocities averaged 3004 fps. Amazing how little load development I needed to do to get this! Chris mentioned that he's willing to sell it, so if anyone is looking for super accurate 300 WM, now's your chance. What can you lose, it's already proven to be a hell of a shooter!

f4305847.jpg

f4305863.jpg

Sir Chris is finishing up a .300 win mag project for me as well. I am sure it he will do his job much better than I can. He has another rifle that has me tossing and turning at night that I have the hots for as well. I asked him once, "where will it end", his reply was "the grave my man". I am thinking he hit the nail on the head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I LOVE that paintjob. How does a person get that paintjob? That is pretty neat. I wish I didn't have so many projects I need work on cause I might have to have that rifle. Thanks for posting

actually.... the truth about the paint... well....

I painted it Chris built it.... the paint job was a snap... e-mail me... I'll walk ya through it...

Ric

Sorry Ric. Didn't know you did it. Looks good, but why is the paint peeling off the barrel when I get it really hot?

Just kidding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I'm treating this thing like a newborn. As much as I hate to, I do have to send it back.

craigp40, that was cruel but funny!

ric horst,
Ok I'll email you I'd love to find out how to do that. That was a really good job. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.