Some Quickload help Please !!

No harm, no foul, no disrespect. I am sure Murph is a grown man capable of making his own decisions. Let me just state that I am an avid fan of natural selection, it means more space at the local range for me. Thats xxx,xxx psi next to someone else's face not mine. Hey guys I've got some great reloading data for all you Garand shooters out there. Allright here we go, first you take a neck sized 30-06 case and fill it to the top with Winchester 296, then stuff a 240 grain sierra matchking down the neck to top it off. What a shooter! Just remember to use it at your own risk!lightbulb

Nice guy. The load you just described calculates to at least 225,000 psi depending on how much powder woiuld have to be removed to push in the 240 SMK. Regardless it's guranteed to ruin an M1 Garand and most likey cause serious injury to the shooter. I'm sure you think that's a humorous way to show you shouldn't use loads found on the internet, and it is a good reason not to, but there might be someone dumb enough, or more likely not skilled enough in the English language, to use it and kill themselves. I don't consider it the least bit funny.

Thanks AJ

thats more like the numbers I was looking for. I was trying to get a powder that gave me 3000fps with the 162 amax's and 2900 with the 175 smk's with 100% burn. I have plenty h4831sc and that figures kinda well looking at the data from quickload, I wil start 1 grain below the figures and work up in .2 grain increments and see what works best. then I will tinker with seating depth and bullet jump. the way I look at it is the barrel has 1000 rounds of life that equates to 900 practice and 100 at fur.

thanks for the help

All the best

Murph

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.