Some pics of my greatest creation

James Jones

Here are some pics of my son Domonic who will be 4 this September , today he took his test to move up to the next belt in Karate everybody their was so impressed with how well he did consiering he is almost 2 yrs younger than the rest of the kids in his class. Anyway , his instructor asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up and his answer was
"I want to be just like my dad" I about teared up , he doesn't want to be a pro football player , astronaught , rock star or anything else , he wants to be like dad.

This day he rode a horse by himself for the first time , he was so excited he told me "now you can take me elk hunting with you" and I haven't even been since he has been here but he has seen pics.
attheranch2.jpg

attheranch1.jpg

Here is his first Dance recital , thats right my son takes Ballet and Tap !! I did to as well as ball room dancing and have never regreted it for a second if anything its helped my alot through life
Dancenight3.jpg

Dancenight5.jpg

And this was tonight at Karate ,hes the one with the light blue shrit and shorter than everybody else
Karate2.jpg

Karate6.jpg

Not that this has alot to do with long range hunting YET just thought I'd show of my greatest creation so far ,he has an Encore build in the works as we speek , he loves to go to the range with me and already has better gun handeling since than most folks their.

Well good goin'. He'll keep you dreamin' for a long time.

Bring him on out to at least Yellowstone, that will wet his whistle on the elk hunt thing.

You can sure tell that he got his good looks from his dad.........Cause his mother still has her's.;)

Cute kid congrats to you and the misses. Have they cut on you yet? How is it going?

great stuff, thanks for sharing. i know what you mean about trying to hold back the tears. you can tell he really hates sitting on that horse!

Well good goin'. He'll keep you dreamin' for a long time.

Bring him on out to at least Yellowstone, that will wet his whistle on the elk hunt thing.

You can sure tell that he got his good looks from his dad.........Cause his mother still has her's.;)

That's funny Roy!!!

James,

He's a good looking little man. Nice pics. He surely keeps pretty bussy. It'll all come to place when he starts hunting.

Thanks for sharing.

This little guy is wide open from the time his eyes ope till we make him go to bed. All his activities started with the dancing which they do at daycare two days a week , we had him in gymnastics for a few months but I didn't care for the instructors so karate was the next option much to his mothers horror , he comes with me when I train with some MMA buddies and he wanted to do that , but their realy no structor or disicpline their as their is in Tae Kwon Do. He realy wants to play football but thats a few years down the road yet.

"Eddybo" , my Dr. had a family problem and had to go out of town for a few weeks and that pushed my surgery back a month , I can't wait to get it done , that sounds kinda crazy but then at least the pain I'll be in will be on the road to recovery right now its just like a bad tooth ache in my shoulder everyday with nothing to look forward to. My boss is trying to get a few extra weeks work out of me before I go out so I've been busy as a three legged cat in traffic at work and all next week I have to take shcool on a new CNC lathe they are bringing on line , I was playing with it Thursday and I have to say its amazing ,its program is realy easy and runs mostly off of Solid Works rather than CAD. How are your suppressors working out?

Hmmm what kind of gun work can you do on a cnc lathe:) My lathe arrives tomorrow.

Let me know how bad that shoulder surgery is. I know that toothache feeling very well. I am chicken of the knife, but know it is coming sooner or later.......so sugar coat it:) Good luck.

Let me know when you can make it to independence.

Since we lost our 3 year old nephew a few years ago to Neuroblastoma, a childhood cancer, my wife and I look at our children through a different set of eyes.
We thank God for them each and every day.

My wife and I are certainly blessed having a happy healthy child , my wife being a RN in the operating room at Tulane University and sees alot of sick children and myself being in law enforcement get to see kids that are less fortunate than others alot of times.
i have always been very big hearted when it comes to children and it has gotten me in a little bit of trouble when doing police work and seeing neglected or abused kids , since I have had my own that soft spot has gotten alot bigger and alot softer , luckly my police work is mostly limited to SWAT and part time so i see alot less of it , I'm certain that it would likely cost me my job if I had to patrol every day. I to got me suspended years ago for "over stepping my bounds" , we responded to a domestic call , mom and dad were fighting , physicaly. We got their got everything contained but 5yr old junior was still crying and whining while we were trying to get it all sorted out , dad got fed up with it and smacked him , out of reflex I knocked dad to the floor and drug him outside and thumped him a few more times insisting that if he touched the child again I'd kill him. Well the Chief wasen't happy about paying the Dr bills and the DA insisted that i get some time off to think and also show that I was being "punished". I was 26 at the time and had never thought about having kids if it had happened now I'm scared to think what I might have done.

Your children are certainly something that needs to be cherrished , My boy is more and more fun everyday and i'm determind to raise him to be a good man with good values.

James Jones,

We both have something in common, that big soft spot for children. I'm a minister and often I find my self praying for all the children in the world telling the Lord that is not their fault the evil and sinfull ways of this world. There are so many suffering children in this great country of ours. I tell my wife if God had called me to do the work of an "advanging angel" , I'd be after any one that's hurting children one way of another. May God protect those men and women that protect the children, them precious little people. Some of the most beautiful sentiments one can have is when I make an altar call for anything, and a little boy or a little girl comes to the front asking for their mom and their dad, or for their health, I've always seen the Lord ansering their petitions. Sorry for making this long!

God Bless!

I'm certain that it would likely cost me my job if I had to patrol every day. I to got me suspended years ago for "over stepping my bounds" , we responded to a domestic call , mom and dad were fighting , physicaly. We got their got everything contained but 5yr old junior was still crying and whining while we were trying to get it all sorted out , dad got fed up with it and smacked him , out of reflex I knocked dad to the floor and drug him outside and thumped him a few more times insisting that if he touched the child again I'd kill him. Well the Chief wasen't happy about paying the Dr bills and the DA insisted that i get some time off to think and also show that I was being "punished". I was 26 at the time and had never thought about having kids if it had happened now I'm scared to think what I might have done.

My kinda guy.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.