Some other Scotland Photos.,

Hey Erik, the package came,
the .22mod is impressive amd looks cool.
The fullbore mods are a very nice design and welll made and now i have pics of one stripped.
S3500779.jpg

Pete

[ QUOTE ]
the Tuote Reflex is popular in the UK, bit it is inferior in quality to any other mod i have seen,
Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete,

Just out of curiousity, in what way are the BR-Reflez mods inferior? I shot a couple of rifles with BR-Reflex's on them a while back, and they seemed at first glance to be pretty solidly made. (I didn't look at them closely though).

Erik

Erik. if you look closely at the BR Tuote reflex, you will see that it is made out of mild steel,(which doesn't realy mean a bad thing) but it is very very prone to corrosion, you cant strip the thing to clean it, the spot welds break, the mild steel cracks and or corrodes through.
The reflex would be great if it cost around 50 pounds UK price, but for 180+ i'd expect something with a bit more quality. Unfortunately its a good idea let down by poor materials and manufacture.

The Brugger & Thomet you can see on the first pics on this thread is just the opposite, it is exquisitly machined from high quality materials, costs over double what the reflex costs but you could park a truck on one.
The disadvantage of the B&T is that its all forward of the barrel thread, and its heavey.
The A-tec slots back over the barrel only extending barrel length by about 14.5cm and weighs only 500g. is made of alloy and stainless steel and is a **** good comprimise between weight, size, price, quality of materials and workmanship whilst also bieng very effective. strippable, modular, meaning you can replace parts should the need arise.

Pete

Nice Buck there Pete.

From where I see it. you probably shot him down near the big stone sheep pen at the bottom of the clear fell. I hated an east wind there it seems to swirl all round the place, and spoils your otherwise well planned and executed sneaking.

all the best

Murph

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.