Some help with mil vs moa scopes

TheDeicide

I am looking into buying a new scope, but I have not used moa bases, nor a scope with .1 mil adjustments. I have only used the 1/4" type for hunting. The scope I am about to buy is the Bushnell Elite Tactical 4.5-30x 50mm - Mil-Dot

Bushnell - 4.5-30x 50mm - Mil-Dot

The specs on the ET4305 have total adjustment in inches at 100 yds, but adjustments in .1 mil increments. Through researching, I have come to conclude that the adjustment will be .36" at 100 yds, because 1 mil is 3.6" at 100 yds.

I would have 90 inches of adjustment, or 25 mils of adjustment, but I can't find the relation of mils to moa. I need to determine the moa needed for my bases.

My velocity at the muzzle is 2900 with a 168gr bullet with a bc of 475. The bc came from published mfg data.

Please let me know if any of my findings/assumptions are wrong as well.

This should be a nice scope for you. It has a lot of adjustment from looking at your link 25 mils. You should need no moa to get to a range that your rifle can hit. MY rifle w/200 zero makes it to 1000 on 7 mil.12 mil takes me to 1400 yrd. which is the top 1/2 of your adjustment. But you never know until scope is mounted how it sits a zero. I have cheap $35 weaver rails on some rifles with no problem.Since every body is always talking yrds, and my shooting buddies run there RF'S at this I figure all mil drops at yrds. I could find no info if scope is ffp. But when scope is set to use mil dot, depending on focal plan. If you spot a shot 1m low and 1/2 right, just make those adjustments on turret, or I USUALLY hold for wind. In my rifle a 1.1 mil is wind hold for 1000, full 10mph. I test my loads against reticle, that is also mil based and use for quick shot if needed, my first mildot=350, and so on this gets me to 825 on reticle,reticule matches your dial

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts