Some have all the luck

Discussion in 'Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards' started by szeitner, Dec 22, 2011.

1. szeitner

szeitner Well-Known Member

I was at the lumber yard this afternoon, when a good rancher friend of mine came in. First thing, he wanted to know if I wanted a half of a beef, then we started bs'ing. I've hunted his ranch several times, it's south of here in the Custer Forest...lots of mulies, whitetails, elk, and coyotes....an occasional bear, etc.

He was geting ready to check out after buying some gifts for some neighbors, and said, "hey Scott, go look in the back of my outfit"......well, I thought the dummy had brought in that beef, but when I went and looked, well I was surprised to say the least. He had a 148 lb tom mountain lion laying in the bed.

It was a huge cat! Mike said he was out feeding cattle this morning around 10:30am, and the cat was up a tree, so he dusted it. We have a quota of 30 in this area, and his was #6, so 24 more to go....I think I better get in and buy a lion tag from my wife!

My secretary took a photo, and as soon as she emails it, I'll try to get it posted.

Scott

2. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

well where is the pic?

On a side note do you know the Parsons from Miles City? My sister is married to their son.

3. szeitner

szeitner Well-Known Member

lol, still trying to figure out how to email it to me from my cell phone...pm me a cell and I can send it though....I am a challenged man!

4. Dieselbuilder

Dieselbuilder Member

Here you go.
    [​IMG]