Some .300 WM rifles.

parlaan

Just moved in from Melbourne, Australia, now in Da
Got a question here. I'm getting a .300 WM, but can't figure out any of the good rifles. I would really appreciate some recommendations on the best (in your opinion) .300 WM rifles. Don't worry about the shooting or terrain or anything, just think about what rifle would be best for shooting antelope, big elk, huge deer, maybe the occasional moose, all at around 500-700 yards. Thanks again.

Any particular reason your choosing the 300Win mag?

For an off the shelf rifle I'd say the Sendero from Remington or the BVSS from Savage they both have a proven track record in the accuracy department.

But if price is not an issue then I'd build a custom

Have a custom built. Use a Rem action. Shilen, or Krieger 28" barrel, H-S stock. Just throwing out some top noch products. I think you should be able to build a pretty good rifle for that Price. Find a good custom builder in your area.

There are many good rifles out there, but if you don't want to build a custom and want to spend the money, IMO you should look at the compation/custom jobs available from the manufacurers. Sako is another good rifle that offers a target modle.

You have to be honest w/ yourself too. A Rem Sendero (not sure if this is spelled right) is a very good rifle for a lot less. It just depends on what kind of accuracy you need. Many people say that you should spend more on the scope than the rifle.

Parlaan, Your've got a strange request that I don't fully understand - you might want to give a little more information so you get better answers.

With the limited information you've provided, here's a few places to watch:

Benchrest Classifieds

GoGo Varmint Classifieds

Sniper's hide Classifieds

You really would be better off contacting some of the great gun smiths on this site and use their knowledge to get exactly what you want...

TAC

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.