Solo vs. multi person

I have a really good friend that I hunt the high country with but we normally split for the day and rendezvous after dark.

On a backpack hunt I really prefer to hunt with THE RIGHT person. Two people that work well together makes for a very efficient sytem and hunting team.

Lately I've been hunting with my 9 year old son. It makes for more work than a solo hunt right now. I'm looking forward to when he can carry his gear and mine:D Our back pack trips are mostly for spring turkey so the weather is nice and the loads are relatively light. Bigger game and longer trips as he gets older:)

"The Right Person"........Boy that's the truth. Its awfully hard to go to the mountains and remain peaceful within, when all you can thank about is pushing your partner off the edge of the mountain!! I still haven't found that "right person" yet. I find it very hard to spend that much time with another man and not want to kill him after about day three. Maybe if my old man was still alive, I could have tolerated him that long, who knows. I cant wait for my son to get older, I know I can get along with him, but anyone else, ITS A CRAP SHOOT!! LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.