Solo DIY Idaho Deer Hunt Area 44-1

RJI

Long Range Hunters,
I am contemplating a hunt in Idaho (I have the tag and license for controlled hunt 1025 unit 44). My plan is a DIY ...any recommendations, ideas etc..

Semper Fidelis
RJI

Yep, plenty of suggestions.

Whatcha mean "contemplating" if you have the perimt and the tag, unless you are just too far away and have no time, you're nuts if your not committed.

Hunt 1025 is Hunt area 44-1 which is all of Unit 44.

Do you have any time for preseason scouting? Which would be really easy there. Even scouting during the season wouldn't be bad either. There are only 225 permits with plenty of those going to weekenders.

First I'd fire up Google Earth. "Fly" to Fairfield Idaho. Tilt to get the terrain thing going and you'll see the lay of the land.

There are 4 center pivots north east of town. They usually grow alfalfa in that neck of the woods....maybe grain. Alfalfa is a deer magnet.

ALso look up Soldier Creek. There are plenty of roads branching off to the west. Each seems to have water in it. Green is good.

Scouting/spoting from the road then planning the approach sure would be plenty doable in that area.

I take it you're from out of state?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts