• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Sold!

alf

Here we go again, another beauty on the block:

FOR SALE:

I started out with a brand new, current, Remington 700 stainless steel short action, not one of the older rough-as-a-cob SPS's. Sent the bolt to Long Rifles to have the body spiral fluted, then sent off to Gre-Tan to have the bolt nose bushed, and the firing pin turned to match. The action was not trued, but the lugs were lapped, and the recoil lug was surface ground flat.

The barrel is a 21 1/2" Rock number 2 contour, 8 twist, chambered in 22-204 Ruger, with a no turn .250" neck, and .060" freebore, perfect for the 75 grain class bullets.

The stock is a McMillan Classic pattern, inletted for a factory BDL floorplate, standard fill, 13 1/2" LOP, 1" decelerator pad, Factory pillars, two stainless sling studs, and two flush cups on the left side.

The scope is a Leupold VX-3 one inch tube 3.5-10x40 CDS matte duplex, with the turret engraved for the 75 grain Berger VLD's at 3075 FPS, nestled in Talley lightweight rings, lapped to perfection.

$2295.00 shipped priority mail in the US only.

The barreled action will be sent to the FFL, who must receive from a private individual, no exceptions, and the remainder will be sent directly to the buyer.

Payment by USPS money order only please.

First come, first served, as it's advertised elsewhere.

No trades....don't ask.

I may entertain the thought of selling the scope and barreled action separately, and would consider keeping the stock for myself. Please no "dibs" on the stock by itself, only on the whole package, thank you.
The victim:

005rld.jpg

006drd.jpg

008ybv.jpg

003jt.jpg

Bipod, table, grass, trees, rocks, bugs, snakes, frogs, turtles, etc. not included....

Re: FS Custom 22-204

The only work involved to make brass is to neck up 204 to 22 caliber.

Some cases for comparison.....

221 Fireball --- 222 Rem --- 223 REM --- 223 Ackley --- 222 Rem mag --- 22-204

007jah.jpg

The 22-204 has about one more grain capacity than a 223 Ackley and almost two more than a 222 RM, and NO FIREFORMING required.