• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED **SOLD** Rem 700 .223 BDL Custom Deluxe $700

scootergisme

Remington Model 700 .223 BDL Custom Deluxe for the traditionalist who likes blued metal and a walnut stock. The gun is in very good condition. A few handling marks. I traded another rifle for this one for my son. He found a .243 that he liked better. There are a few smudges in the clear coat on the butt stock and there are a few very minor imperfections in the blueing on the barrel (apparently from coyote blood not being wiped off in a timely manner). No pits or rust on any of the metal though. The bore is in excellent shape and the muzzle crown is perfect. The trigger has been adjusted and is very light and crisp. This is a beautiful rifle. I just do not need it. $700.00 shipped to your FFL. Contact [email protected] if interested. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Re: Rem 700 .223 BDL Custom Deluxe $700

Buyer backed out. Still for sale. To sweeten the deal I added a Leupold VX-IIc 3-9x40mm scope with Butler Creek flip up lens covers mounted in Leupold gloss 1" low rings in Leupold gloss 2-piece bases. There are some rings marks and scratches on the tube of the scope but no dents. The glass is perfect. See picks with the scope mounted. The rear site was turned around to accommodate the scope. Still $700 shipped to your FFL. Thanks, Scott

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 10

I thought this would go fast for women, children, grandchildren, etc. It is very light and almost no recoil. Great varmint rifle. Am I asking too much?

In my honest opinion... yes. One just like it could be had new for less money. I recently bought this exact rifle with same scope but chambered in 7mm for $350. Yes it was used and made around 1980, But it looked identical in condition to yours. So 700 might be tough to get. Im not at all saying this isnt a nice rifle because Im sure it is. But It will take a very specific buyer to see that kind of value. Good luck with the sale, I mean zero disrespect.. I promise. Just answering your question honestly.

The problem with looking up listings on an auction site is that you are looking at posted prices, mostly with no bids.

The way to determine true value is to look up auctions where the firearm has been sold.

At the end of the day SOLD is what the market is willing to pay

FWIW- brand new in the box from Jerry's Sports Center- $679. But, this is wholesale price, and .243 is the smallest caliber listed.

This is a valuable firearm......and looks to be in really nice shape. I have the same one and wouldn't consider parting with mine for less than $700.00 shipped (since shipping is now in the $30+ ballpark. Actually I would be closer to $750. Good luck finding one for sale...and better luck finding one at a low price, regardless of what the market is. You can always go down, but you can never go up! Just my two cents! LOLgun)

I loaded some 52 gr. Sierra MatchKings over 26.5 gr. of Hodgdon 4895 in Federal Gold Medal Brass with Federal Gold Medal primers. The C.O.L. was 2.2" and the brass had been worked with everything except the necks turned. I shot a five shot group from a cold clean bore. I had the usual cold, unfouled bore shot that was 1/2" from the rest of the group. The other 4 shots were easily covered by a quarter. The next 5 shot group was the same except the cold bore shot was not as far from the rest of the group. I was shooting prone with a bipod and monopod at 100 yards. It is not only beautiful and still available, it is a shooter!

He's right that sure is a nice looking gun, but I sold the exact same rifle about five years ago sane caliber with a 3x9 burris for $350 and it was in excellent condition wish I had it back it was a shooter

You didn't mention accuracy so I assume you haven't shot it significantly. What does the barrel look like: throat, rifling, crown, bulges? Any pitting on the action/bolt/barrel?

John