• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED **SOLD PF** FOR SALE: 7mm Allen Magnum built by Kirby Allen of APS **SOLD PF**

ss7mm

DSC03063.jpg
DSC03065.jpg
DSC03067.jpg
DSC03070.jpg
DSC03071.jpg
DSC03061.jpg

For Sale: APS 7mm Allen Magnum

Nesika "M" action with custom APS bolt knob
Rock 5R fluted, 32" bbl w/APS PainKiller brake
Chambered for 7mm Allen Magnum
HS bottom metal w/DBM
Rifle Basix trigger
Nightforce 5.5-22x56 NXS with NP-R2 Reticle, sunshade and flip open covers.
Nightforce rings
Nesika 20 moa scope base
Scopelevel
ACI
McMillan A5 stock w/adj. cheekpiece and Decelerator 50% dark gray, 25% black, 25% white, with flush cups for sling front and rear and also a front stud for bipod. There are two flush cups on the front as McMillan screwed up and spaced the stud and flush cup for a bipod only. Because of the Pod-Loc a second flush cup was added.
Weight as shown w/bipod is 17.5#
Included is an aluminum hard case.

Price, shipped to your FFL or face to face in Washington state is $3,995.00. No Trades!!!

The Harris bipod w/Pod-Loc shown in the picture is not included in the sale of this gun.

The sale price also includes a full set of 7mm AM Redding reloading dies w/micrometer seater as well as a Redding 338 Lapua Competition Bushing Neck Sizing Die with a Redding bushing box with 7 different bushings for necking down new 338 Lapua brass for the 7mm AM. The box of bushings includes 2ea. 315s, 1ea, 316, 1ea. 317, 1ea. 329, 1ea. 343 and 1ea. 359. I use the 359, 343, 329 and 316 bushings when sizing new brass and have never lost a case.

The sale price includes approximately 190 empty Lapua fire-formed cases. I will anneal them before selling. I will also include load data to get you up and running.

My records show 458 rounds down the tube. This is the first 7mm AM that Kirby put out the door but the barrel is not the original. The original was a 30" Lilja 3 groove. You could always have the barrel set back with a fresh chamber and throat and go at it again.

The scope has been off of the rifle but has never been out of the rings. The glass is perfect and the only time the covers have been open was when shooting and the only time the sun shade was off was to clean the objective lens. You can see a small scratch on the sun shade and a small mark on the front of the scope as shown in the pictures.

Kirby did all of the work on this gun and you can ask him about it you need to.

The gun has never been mis-treated but it is not a safe queen. It's killed several deer and elk and countless rocks. Typical accuracy runs about ½ moa but countless times it's exceeded that.

For a face to face sale to a Washington State resident I will also include one, never used from, 8# jug of WC872 powder as well as one that's been partially used that weighs 2.5#.

Also for a face to face sale to a Washington State resident I will include a "bucket" of 200 grain Wildcat bullets. These were some of Paul's first 200s and I only shot about 10-15 as I couldn't load them hot and still keep them together. I will also include a box of 100 ea. 200 gr. Wildcat bullets that were made later and were supposed to be good to go.

For a face to face sale to a Washington State resident I will drive half way to meet you for the sale but I will require a $500.00 down payment before hand. This is because I drove one time for a sale but the supposed buyer never showed.

Any sale to a non-resident of Washington State will be a FFL to FFL transfer sale and will not include the items mentioned above for a Washington State, face to face sale and the gun will only be shipped after funds clear.

This gun has shot everything from 160 gr. Accubonds up to the 200 gr. Wildcats very accurately and has never been hard to find a load for. It makes the long range stuff easy.

More pics in next post.

Last edited:
Re: FOR SALE: 7mm Allen Magnum built by Kirby Allen of APS

I never thought I would see the day this would happen. New toy in the works? New owner won't be disappointed.

I never thought I would see the day this would happen. New toy in the works? New owner won't be disappointed.
No new toys Travis. I never thought it would happen either but things in my life have changed drastically. I thought about keeping it but don't want it to just sit in the safe. Somebody will get a turn key long range rig that requires no year plus wait time. :)

I really need to stop looking at the guns for sale threads or I'm gonna need some therapy. I would love to have that 7AM. Someone will have some serious fun.
Just out of curiosity is the Big muzzle break needed for the rifle or was that just personel choice? Have seen smaller Pain killer breaks on the 7AM. Sweet Rifle Indeed good luck selling.

I really need to stop looking at the guns for sale threads or I'm gonna need some therapy. I would love to have that 7AM. Someone will have some serious fun.
Just out of curiosity is the Big muzzle break needed for the rifle or was that just personel choice? Have seen smaller Pain killer breaks on the 7AM. Sweet Rifle Indeed good luck selling.

It was personal preference. I just liked the look better.

Dick, I'm a bit concerned re: the drastic changes in life. Tho'ts/prayers are with you. If someone wants a 375 AM real bad I'll move on this one just to help you out.

Dick, I'm a bit concerned re: the drastic changes in life. Tho'ts/prayers are with you. If someone wants a 375 AM real bad I'll move on this one just to help you out.
It's not a money thing Roy so keep that 375 and enjoy it, but thanks for the thoughts. :) I've just outlived all of my hunting partners and lost my lifelong hunting partner, plus I've got no family members interested in long range stuff to hand it down to. And, I don't want it to just sit in the safe. Even without the 7mm AM I've got things covered out to 1000 yards and I'll be hunting some different country now due to adapting to hunting alone vs. having partners and backup.

Thanks again for the thoughts but I'm looking forward to reading about you and the 375. :)

Oh man! I have a few hundred Wildcat bullets but no gun to shoot them out of!! Let me see what I can make happen :D

It's not a money thing Roy so keep that 375 and enjoy it, but thanks for the thoughts. :) I've just outlived all of my hunting partners and lost my lifelong hunting partner, plus I've got no family members interested in long range stuff to hand it down to. And, I don't want it to just sit in the safe. Even without the 7mm AM I've got things covered out to 1000 yards and I'll be hunting some different country now due to adapting to hunting alone vs. having partners and backup.

Thanks again for the thoughts but I'm looking forward to reading about you and the 375. :)

You can consider me a family member:), I will take your "hand-me-downs":D

My dad's name is Richard so we can pretend you are my "dad"!

Its no fun to hunt alone - I know that.

How many rounds down the current barrel or did I miss something?

I need to think this over. gun)

How many rounds down the current barrel or did I miss something?

I need to think this over. gun)
It's there but I did a lot of babbling so it's easily missed. My records show 458 down the tube. :)

How manny rounds would you say this barrel is good for before needing looked at or changed? Can you post some ballistics that you seen with your loads?