Soft Case/Drag Bag for LR Rifles

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by Derek01, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Derek01

Derek01 Active Member

I'm trying to find a good soft case/drag bag for my LR Rifle. The problem is most good bags are too short and the few I found that are long enough are too flimsy. I also like to use a scope cover. I usually use a hard case but sometimes they are not practical. The rifle is 52" long. Thanks in advance

2. AF Shooter

AF Shooter Well-Known Member

I have a Eberlestock bag and it is outstanding. Might seem a little pricey to begin with, but well worth it.

Well padded with shoulder straps if you want to carry it. All the side pouches that come with hold spotting scope, tri-pod etc... Then it also folds out into a shooting mat with more pockets and shell loops.

Terry

3. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

I bought a Stryker 62" drag bag for my 54" 338 Edge. It works great. Plenty of room for LRF, Spotter, or anything else. Love the backpack straps.

Best prices are at Grafs and lg-outdoors.

4. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

5. Sidesy

Sidesy Active Member

hi , a UK company does some great bags

www.[B]aim[/B]fieldsports.com

should be worth a look ?

Gary

6. jmden

jmden Well-Known Member

STRYKER Drag System

TacForce Stryker Drag System. Carlock uses, recommends and sells them...that should say something. Got a 62" myself and really like it. Backpack feature is quite nice.

7. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

I dont use a bag or a case just a padded scope cover and muzzle protector I will put up a pic later today but here is a link for now.

Rifle Scope Protective Cover