So Guys, What Seven?

That 7X300 looks interesting. Now does Kirby build a 7Mm Allen mag or something in that order??? I think it all boils down to the same old argument, just like ford vs chevy. I think the whole idea is to get the flattest shooting gun and the fastest shooting gun and one that is not going to cause us to go broke trying to feed the beast or kill us trying to pack it around the mountains.

Here's the 7 AM good luck catching this round, I dont think there is anything faster
7mm Allen Magnum
338 Lapua Magnum parent case, necked down to 7mm and fireformed to min body taper and shoulder angle.

140 gr.(3800 fps) up to 200 gr. ULD RBBT(.900 bc) 3200 to 3350 fps from 26" to 30" barrel lengths
Designed for long range big game hunting up to and including elk and moose. Has been used effectively on elk out to 1300 yards and has also proven one of the most ballsitically potent rounds in use today including the 277 Allen Magnum and the 338 Allen Magnum. Has proven capable of ½ moa accurate out to 1000 yards and 1 moa accurate out to 2800 yards in good conditions.
Appropriate powders: H-Retumbo, H-50BMG, H-870, H-US869, AA8700 and WC872

the argument over which is best will be a never ending one.
the only real way to settle all that is with head to head comparing at distance on a mountainside.
having done lots of that on the steep hills and wide windy valleys of n.c. pa. i can save you lots of time and energy.
the big cases and the big heavy bullets will win every time.

Yes the argument will be never ending. And also never accurate. Whats best for one may not be whats best for another. If one wanted a 7mm caliber dedicated longrange rifle that had the absolute most performance possible, its hard to argue that anything is better than the 7AM with 200 wildcats. But is this the best rifle for someone who is learning to shoot longrange and can only have one custom rifle probably not. In the end everyone must establish what their goals and criteria are. For me the 7 Rem Mag works perfect for now. But as I progress and improve I imagine Ill out grow it and then need to look at something like the STW or more likely the RUM.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.