Sneak peak into my latest build

Jeff In TX

Here's a sneak peak into my latest project...a neice rebuild.

Ever since my buddy bought his fisrt Weatherby MK 5 over a thirty years ago, I fell in love with the beauty of the Weatherby wood stocks. I've always wanted one. Synthetic stocks are the best but theres something about the warmth and beauty of a gerorgous wood stock that has always appealed to me. To be honest I was never sold on the Weatherby actions or barrels so I went other routes. However I've always wanted a beautiful wood stock based on the MK 5 design.

Recently I saw another gorgeous Weatherby MK 5 stock and said enough is enough I want one! I'm having a custom stock made by Accuracy Innovations. I chose a AAA blank of Claro walnut and settled for MK 5 style stock. Wes at Accuracy Innovations sent me a few pictures I thought I'd share. He said the pictures he sent don't do the stock justice so I can't wait to get the rifle and new stock back. I'm having my left-handed Winchester Model 70 .300 WSM with custom 24" SS Bartlein barreled fitted to the stock. By the looks of the stock all that's missing is checkering and final finish. I've chosen a wrap around checkering pattern very close to that of Win Mod 70 Featherweight pattern

This is the first of two project Accuracy Innovations is working on for me. The second will be my Tikka T3 lite as soon as George at GAP finishes the rebarrel work. Let me know your thoughts.

DSCN3026.jpg

DSCN3027.jpg

DSCN3028.jpg

I have not wanted to build another rifle in several years because nothing stirred my interest. You may have just cost me a lot of money.

That's really a great idea but I would have gone Wby action and Wby checkering.

Gorgeous stock but they put the bolt handle on the wrong side!:D

Jokes aside it really is a beautiful piece of wood there.

Not a wood type guy, but that could tempt me to. Looks great, I want to see the finished product.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.