SMK vs. AccuBond

Jeff 300, do you think the 69 smk's would have been equally effective at 30 or 40 yards? Have you shot any real close?

Seriously, not trying to be an a-hole. Just curious because its the short range shots with match bullets that I worry about.

Sooner or later, a shooter has to make an honest decision to go with a heavier constructed bullet, or go with the super high BC @ the expense of jacket thickness. The SMK having a hollow point doesnt help things either.

my reasoning was at 900 yards you need something that,as GG said, hits where you want.it also has to fragment or expand a bunch,as long as it makes it through surface bones before it comes apart.i also agree with a previous post that the 30-33 caliber MK's work better for long range than the smaller calibers.my point was, for long range, i'll take the bullet that fragments on a dirt bank at 900 over one that mushrooms nicely at 300.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.