Smith Recommendation - Barrel threading - Utah

USAF Marksman

I'm looking to get the barrel threaded on my Remington 700 5R in 300 WM. I've never had anything done at a smith before, so I'm hesitant about going to just any smith to get this done. I live on Hill Air Force Base just South of Ogden, UT and about 45 minutes North of Salt Lake City. I'd like to avoid shipping my rifle anywhere, and know there are plenty of smiths in the area. Can anyone make a recommendation for me?

Thanks,
Tucker

Attachments

• FF720C5A-9103-4645-9FED-9B494624FC37.jpeg
    FF720C5A-9103-4645-9FED-9B494624FC37.jpeg
    547.2 KB · Views: 246
edited ,

barlows in slc is a good choice for brake install (( about redwood and 201 )) .. but like any good smith it will take a while .. your patience will be required

Last edited:
Cross Canyon arms is close to you, they built a rifle for a buddy of mine a few years ago, with all his parts. They didn't give him any hassle and it shoots great.

i did a 300wm match from northland shooters with a barrel nut, remage .. you can do yourself .... i would be a good review for them .. i believe they offer 5r too

http://northlandshooterssupply.com/barrels/criterion-remington-remage/

otherwise if you want to go with a original machined fit install install i think barlows in slc is a good choice for a rebarrel (( about redwood and 201 )) .. but like any good smith it will take a while .. your patience will be required

Dusty, I replied to your PM. Thanks a ton for the info!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts