Slug gun scope mounts

dirtboy

I have a browning gold series slug gun with a canalever rail I have a Swarov. 30mm scope and I want to use this scope on my a bolt and my muzzel loader without moving the rings evertime I switch guns. Anyone have any ideas??

Get some quick detach rings from GG&G, Nightforce.Leupold, Larue who ever that will solve you problome. You will be able to jump the scope from rifle to rifle pretty fast. Take pics and write down the adjustment you made to go from one rifle to the other than all you have you have to do is reverse the info when you switch weapons.

I talked with midway, and weaver, my local gun shop. My problem is the slug gun I have has 5 slots and its space speacil from browning. so if I transfur I has to keep moveing the rings on the scope itself. I hate ring marks!!! I was thinking maybe I can attach a picatiny rail to the canilver rail of the slug gun. but I dont know if they make that or if the will mess up the accur. because the scope will be high.

If rings marks are the issue, then use a set of Burris Signature Zee rings. They have plastic inserts that will not mar the scope tube, and wont slip with the recoil either. Then all you'll have to do is set it up how you want it, and when you put it on your browning you'll only have to move 1 scope ring.

Other than that, if all the rails arent spaced equal you are SOL. You gotta either move a ring everytime or get a second scope.

I hate being anal..lol! I think I'm going to get another scope I have three guns right now that are scopeless to set it on. I'm just going to get pica. style rail on all three and go with something like a nightforce unimount., Thank for the advice..

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.