slippery slope

stxhunter

well i started down it again picked up a 74 duster the other day for 800 bucks gots a little rust but nothing i can't fix runs and gots current tags. picked up a 1968 440 short block and 727 torque flite today for 200 dollors.now all i need to do is a couple hundred hours of body work and welding up a tube chassis and dump about 10000 to 15000 in the drive train and i can go racing again. i think my wife might kill me when she finds out

Killing you would probably be the best thing. If she divorced you she would get the rusty car and all of your tools which would be cruel.

traded the rusty running duster for a 70 dodge dart swinger no motor or tranny but rust free car came from out in west tx. the wife was actually pretty civil about it. now i need to build another of these this one was a 440 but i'm going to stroke this next one out to 520ci and run a auto tranny this time .i would break to many drve train parts running a 4 speed
IM000062-1.jpg

OSHA requirements are that you have yellow striped lines on the floor all around the motor to keep small children, dogs, and cats from being sucked into the manifold when it is fired up.:D

Reminds me of the day I was street drag racing my old 440 back in 1973. I was racing against a mustang and winning. Then I saw the cop. I don't know why he pulled me over I was only doing 73 in a 35 mph zone, in the wrong lane, and drunk as a skunk. The one and only time I have ever been in jail. Taught me a lesson I will never forget. Young and stupid. Racing belongs on a track and drunk driving is so so stupid!

when i was racing alot a few years ago there where a couple of young guys that would hang around the shop and they would brag about how many tickets they had gotten street racing .till i pointed out that all that money they were paying the city and county in fines could have went in to thier car instead and anyone can say they have a 10 sec car till you ask them for a time slip

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.