SKS problems?

Lyons7STW

My buddy bought and coustomized a yugo sks for a cheap hog gun and it will not eject fired rounds on it's own. Gave it a good cleaning and put a new gas tube in it. Still same problemm. Any suggestions?

Mine was, buy a real gun. Lol ... But seriously, got any ideas how to fix it?

I was under the impression that the Yugo SKS had a variable gas system for the launching of grenades--I don't know specifics on it, but his gun might be stuck on "grenade" setting.

When you say it "won't eject", what does it do? Does the bolt cycle, leaving the case in the chamber? Does the bolt not cycle? Does it partially eject the case, jamming it in the receiver somehow?

Im confused. What part about the sks is not a real gun? I love mine, accurate looks good and that round will f*** something up! Anyway, there is a knob in front of the gas tube. It is probably in the 12 o` clock position. Push it down and move it to the 3 o` clock position. It should then elect the empty. Also lock down the grenade sight. If you need pictures let me know and ill post when i get home.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts