Sizer Die Cleaning

dog caller

What do you use to clean your dies? I generally spray enough Berryman's B-12 carburator cleaner in the die (with the ball expander removed) to fill the die halfway full. I then cover both ends with fingers and shake it up for a few seconds. After draining the liquid, I use cotton swabs to wipe everything out real good. Any of the carburator cleaner that is not wiped out evaporates quickly because of the ether in the spray. This seams to work fairly well to remove any lubricant or grime that might have been on the cases when they were sized. Does anybody do anything different or better? I would be interested in a better method or better product if you know of one.

Thanks,

d c

I use plain old rubbing alcohol. I only use Imperial sizing die wax for lube. I also flush my brushes out with alcohol.

I use hornady one-shot. It keep both dies and brass well lubed. I also clean with alcohol, but not too often, then I spray some one-shot in to keep it lubed. Its dry lube, so its not gummy.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.