Single, Double, Triple, Quad, in four sets!!!

c_bass16

We set out again this weekend for some coyote action, packing the HD cameras and a new stick by Chad Dixon at Long Rifles Inc. Some fresh powder, cold temps and not much pressure yet, has provided us with some excellent footage yet again.

Disclaimer: These are all still shots taken with an HD video camera, the real HD video footage of these hunts may give you a full fledged halfer ;)

First set of the day,
setting up on a sand-hill overlooking a meadow,
longriflesShooters_zps4e8d6dbf.jpg

we spotted what we thought was a lone dog...
firstdogspotted_zps94fe3a42.jpg

having the sub zero temps we've been having, this dog responded to the distress, exactly how we wanted her to...
jeffa_zps9c6890c3.jpg

This one came in next but held up about 150yds out... simple shot with the new hammer LongRifles Inc. Just built us!
cottonball_zps137cb31c.jpg

the 3 this set provided us with,
longriflesTripple_zpsa5b9269e.jpg

Next Set:
This one is hard to explain, the HD video is not only worth 1k words, but 1K pictures as well, simply because the following does not show the action of us using a combination of spot/stalk/ambush, combined with our Reese Outdoors handcalls that got us our quad @ this set. Here we are below, A single file line to keep a low pro through some rough terrain, working our way slowly into what turned out to be an amazing set.
gettingintotheset_zps8f30facd.jpg

slowly gaining some elevation on a knobby point, we glassed before making a set,
DSC00083_zpsb8cc94c9.jpg

using a closed reed call, from Reese Outdoors, we lured the first victim out of the brush.
facefucker_zpsc7ff442c.jpg

what happened next was nothing short awesomeness, running 3 suppressed 22-250's not a single spoiler was fired, here was our FFP as seen from the location of one dead dog.
snipers-1_zps000b5026.jpg

zooming out, you can still see us in the middle of the picture... or maybe not.
sniperszoomout_zpsb83f04dc.jpg

a fully zoomed out screen shot of where the third coyote was taken, by us across the ridge (we are still in center of the picture)
snipersallthewayout_zps037ee311.jpg

the quad...
quad-1_zps1a234f6a.jpg

the stick...
longrifles_zpsd858246b.jpg

My man Keith sent this pill right between the eyes at 235 yds, and seconds later, sent another into the back of the head of a runner at 265...
DSC00076_zps6e41c78a.jpg

DSC00079_zpsdadd73c2.jpg

Last set of the day, provided us a double, along with some coyotes that committed, maybe a bit to aggressively,
charger2_zps19cef9df.jpg

keep it comin,
hardcharge_zpsfd6aec98.jpg

his final stance before the kill shot.
charger3_zps1a004b15.jpg

coyote number 2 closes in,
windmill_zps15d1fd9d.jpg

he never knew what hit him.
lastdog_zpsd4d22afe.jpg

Thanks for the view fellas, hope you enjoyed it!!! All this footage will be brought to the screen, either by HD youtube, or a MUCH better DVD than our first!!! We've gotten some amazing footage the past couple days, and the quality of the shots are phenomenal!!!
GET YOUR CAN ON.

That's the way to do it. Great pictures. We can't use suppressors to hunt with in Tn. Just wondering, Just how quite is a 22-250 with a can?

Awesome pics/story!!!
I've been looking for that type of rifle carry case. What brand/model are those attached to your backpack?

That's the way to do it. Great pictures. We can't use suppressors to hunt with in Tn. Just wondering, Just how quite is a 22-250 with a can?
It's STUPID quiet. It's down right amazing. We refuse to hunt/shoot ANYTHING without a suppressor. The 22-250 might be one of the best to suppress.

Awesome pics/story!!!
I've been looking for that type of rifle carry case. What brand/model are those attached to your backpack?
James carries the most gear and uses the G4 Operator Pack. The other two we use are the X3 LoDrag pack, both from Eberlestock.
The G4 is quite a bit bigger and a bit more expensive, but he carries a LOT of gear in his.
The X3 LoDrag is pretty reasonably priced and can handle just about anything I need personally.
I'm just about to order one since I used to carry a drag bag in the field. The Eberlestock I ran on this weekends hunt is 10x more comfortable and can haul more equipment with less stress on your body.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.