Sinclair F-Class Bipod

Ian M

I got one of these puppies and it is built like a brick Spit-house! Very nicely machined. Fits a variety of rifles, including some big stocks like my A-2.
Found that for my shooting style the rifle is perched a little high at the lowest setting, so my friend did some surgery and he removed a bit off the arms, now the rest sits exactly at the height of a Harris BR and goes up from there.
Unlike the Harris you remove the swivel stud, there is one on the rest that screws into the stock. Works fine, but makes for a pretty bulky forend. Can see it being nasty for prairie dogs, situations where you setup and sit for a while.
Have not shot it enough to give you guys good field info - that is coming soon.

Ian;

I've been waiting for some info too. Almost ordered one but don't like the looks of the steel rod runing side to side. Pricey too. Did you try it on uneven ground when shooting prone? May work for F-Class better than a benchrest.

db

Here is another example of a similar design:

147517.jpg

http://www.wildcatrifles.com/html/products.html

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> The New "Larkin F Class and Tactical Bi-Pod". CNC machined from aircraft
grade aluminium, this superbly engineered bi-pod provides the ultimate in
stability for your shooting system. It is fully height and cant adjustable
and does not sink into the ground when you are shooting, like other bi-pods
do! It attaches to any rifle with a standard accessory rail and can be
detached in 20 seconds! Shooting off one of these feels like shooting off a
Benchrest!!

[ 05-02-2004: Message edited by: JordanM ]

Jordan, you got a link for that rest?? Did a search, and it didnt yeild any results that were satisfactory...TIA...sakofan......

sakofan,

I posted the link right below the photograph. You have to look at the site since the links are not selective for any particular product.

Len,

It is just as Jordan posted, since the quote came directly from the 'Wildcatrifle' site.
No I didn't buy one since I was a poor student when I first saw them. But I did the drawings and wrote a program to make my own for what amounted to very little money. The design is good and works nicely from the prone shooting position, and I am not a prone shooter from the start.

Regards.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.