Silver Spur Ranching for Wildlife in Colorado

fc124

Has anybody every hunted the Silver Spur Ranching for Wildlife area near Walden Colorado? Got an either sex tag and looking for advice.

Has anybody every hunted the Silver Spur Ranching for Wildlife area near Walden Colorado? Got an either sex tag and looking for advice.

I have never hunted with them but I know alot of there guys. Very good bunch. The silver spur is a very large land owner in that area. I have not seen there lodge there,but the one up the road in wyo. is very nice. I dont think you could go wrong with them.

Off subject but, How much damage did the forest fire do in the Snider Basin area out of Big Piney??

I know it burnt from Labarge creek north, it burned around the lake on piney creek. My guess is that it got snider basin. That fire was around 65,000 acres, listed as 85% contained, burned 100 square miles aprox 18 miles west of Big Piney.

Thanks for the info! Yes, the property is 65,000 acres in several tracts so am curious if they will send the public RFW hunters to good spots or save them for the guys that pay $5000 for a private guided hunt. Sorry if I sound skeptical :).

Gravediggin, I know, but I found this while looking for info on the Silver Spur Ranch. This elk was taken by a hunting buddy on a DIY RFW at Silver Spur:

JimsElk.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.