Silencers??!

Zak, my apologies for asking the question. I didn't mean to touch on a sensitive subject.

I have three competitive shooters among my clientele. All three have and use suppressors. None would stand for less accuracy because of the suppressor (or for any reason). Threading a barrel for a suppressor or break is as critical as cutting the crown, it needs to be exact! When the job is done correctly there is no noticable difference in accuracy. I just finished a nice rifle last week, Defiance "Rebel" action, Broughton barrel, Mc A5 stock, and a "Thunder Beast" 30P-1 suppressor. By the e-mails I've received from my customer he's very happy, and he wants the utmost from his rifles. As for where to buy one, no doubt, that can only happen in your home state, or maybe , shipped in to a class 3 dealer in your home state. I'd almost bet, if you looked around in a 75 mile radius or where you live, you will find a reputable class 3 dealer that can help you. This might not have been the info you were looking for, but, I had to reply to the accuracy statement.

Chas1,

No problem and no offense taken. I have a standard response to public dB requests, but no problem discussing them privately.

Zak, good to hear. Not a big deal..I was just curious. I've since been able to get a feel for the sound reduction and if my understanding is correct they're not as quiet as in the movies.

The way it looks is that in MT you can own and use suppressors to hunt non-games animals only. like coyotes and such, but no large game, deer, elk etc.

WY doesn't allow you to hunt with suppressors period. But you can own them.

Go to the silencertalk pages, they have all of this info in the forum.

xdeano

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts