Sightron SIII 8-32x56 Scope

TacticalRem

I've read many of the reviews on several forums and I would like any information you all may have regardingt his scope. I have a Remington 308 in AICS stock and currently have a Huskemaw 5-20 With Baiilistic Turets. I want to maily shoot long range targets and the Huskemaw is not enough for my eyes. Any of you older shooters have any experiemce with the Sightrons?
Thanks

Sightron 3 glass is generally rated a tic above Nightforce. The scopes aren't as tough
and lack the features of the high end scopes but know one knocks them for glass. Which
appears to be what you are looking for. They do not have a lot of windage and elevation
adjustment so study the specs and make sure it will do what you need.

As I recall the 8-32x56 SIII has 80 moa of elv travel. so half that at 40moa for total up elv potential. Add a 20 moa base and you have 60 MOA of total elv. I have the new 6-24x50 moa-2 SIII scope. It has 100 total moa elv travel, 70 MOA of up elv avialbe with 20 MOA base.

If you look at the ballistic charts when you get to the max range of your elv travel the difference in 10 MOA is only like 200 yrds or so, maybe less. I don't recal how far 60 MOA of elv vs. 50 MOA got in max range but it was a long ways.

Not that this info will alter you decision any but I have been very happy with the SIII I have so far.

Good shooting

BT

The Sightron specs say 70 moa on the 8-32x56 30mm tubes. With a base you still have
70 moa of travel. 35 up and 35 down. 55 Up will get you out a ways with most calibers
with a 20 moa base.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts