sightron scope ?

fisherman983

looking to upgrade my current sightron scope to a newer model with more magnification...was wondering IF any of the SIII models had a zero stop? I couldn't find one that did but maybe I was looking in the wrong place? if they don't, what are your thoughts on a diff brand/model. the scope I was really interested in was the sIII 6-24x50 lrmoa. scope will be going on a 264 win mag

if that doesn't work out heres some things I want

6-18/24'ish magnification
duplex or moa hashmarked reticle, pref in 1 moa tics
not going to break the bank
good repeatable tracking and return to zero reputation

the sightron I have now is a 4-16, and I really really considered the new hs-t, but then realized that I want more magnification being as how its not a carry weight rifle and could utilize a larger scope as it will be strictly a 500+ yard rifle that rides around in the back seat and not on my back.

measure the space below the knob. cut a piece of plastic shotgun shell to
that dimension. remove the knob by loosening the screws. place piece you
cut over the turret and replace the knob.
make sure gun is zeroed first.

I just put a sightron 6-24x50 lrmoa on my 300 win mag. The way I got around no zero stop was I used a 40 moa base with it. After zeroing it at 200 yards it won't make a full revolution past zero. This makes it easy not to turn it to far past zero.
Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.