Sightron 3.5-10x50 an all rounder?

steelshooter

I can't find much of a review of this scope, is anyone using these?
I want a scope to that is suitable for practical rifle comp and hunting on foot.
The comp which is shot out to 500m requires a mil or moa type reticle but I'm worried it may be too fine for fast target acquisition when hunting.
I don't want to be carrying a big bulky scope all day and I thought the 3.5-10 would be smaller and lighter and therefore better for stalking.
The illuminated version would also be good for spotlighting as fine crosshairs seem to disappear in low light.
I am trying to make this rifle a "do it all" gun.

your thoughts?

I have identical thoughts as yours. I just ordered one that should be here tomorrow. I cant wait to try it out. I will be putting it one a 7mm-08 that I am building as my lightweight mountain rifle. It came down to the sightron and the PST for me. I really liked the power range of the 4-16 and the zero stop on the PST better, but I just read TOO many bad reviews on it. I think if a person wants the 6-24 PST, they cant go wrong, but the 4-16 just isn't the same from what I read. I couldn't find any bad reviews on the sightron, so if I like my 3.5-10 sightron, I will be ordering a 6-24 shortly after!!!

I have two Sightron SIII 6-24 and love them. Elkwonder let us know how you like the 3.5-10. I've wanted to buy one for my 300 WSM for quite a while but can't decide if I should just buy a third 6-24 instead.

I have two Sightron SIII 6-24 and love them. Elkwonder let us know how you like the 3.5-10. I've wanted to buy one for my 300 WSM for quite a while but can't decide if I should just buy a third 6-24 instead.

I will do bud. I am thinking it will be the cats rear end....

Elkwonder it seems we are in a similar situation. Mine would also be going on my 708.
Browninglover1 I too have a Siii 6-24 LRMOA and think it's a great scope. I wish they made one with a top end of about 14x, I used to think I had to have 20x plus scopes but I just don't use it.

I have identical thoughts as yours. I just ordered one that should be here tomorrow. I cant wait to try it out. I will be putting it one a 7mm-08 that I am building as my lightweight mountain rifle. It came down to the sightron and the PST for me. I really liked the power range of the 4-16 and the zero stop on the PST better, but I just read TOO many bad reviews on it. I think if a person wants the 6-24 PST, they cant go wrong, but the 4-16 just isn't the same from what I read. I couldn't find any bad reviews on the sightron, so if I like my 3.5-10 sightron, I will be ordering a 6-24 shortly after!!!

I've bee waiting for your feedback on this. Have you had a chance to use your new scope yet?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.