Sighting system options

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by mtmuley, Apr 10, 2008.

1. mtmuley

mtmuley Well-Known Member

I know this has probably been asked before, but I'm asking again. I have a Leupold 4X12x40 mm VX-2 scope. I'd like to upgrade to an adjustable sighting system, preferably target knobs or a BDC dial. I don't want a reticle system. My shots will mostly be limited to 600-800 yards maximum. I have looked at the Leupold BDC dial on their site. I think it will work on my model scope. If so, does the BDC system from Leupold work for moderate yardages? What other options do I have? I'd like to keep the scope, not only for economic reasons, but it has proven to be damn good glass. Thanks guys, mtmuley

2. Catfish

Catfish Well-Known Member

Stoney Point does, or at least did make a set of target knobs that would screw on your Leupold scope in place of your caps. They are Model #K-2L. I picked up a pair a Cabelas, and they were around $ 50, but that`s still alot cheaper than a new scope. You might check StoneyPoint - Stone Cold Certain to see if they still make them and where you can find them. I cheat. I only dial in evevation and hold off for wind and lead on moveing targets so I got 2 scopes for the price of 1.

3. mtmuley

mtmuley Well-Known Member

All I'm concerned about is elevation adjustment. I would like the quickest and most accurate way to dial up my scope after aquiring range of my target. The Leupold BDC dial is built for my cartridge/bullet combo. Has anybody used one? mtmuley