Sighting problem on Savage Long Range Hunterrrecte

Bore sighters are not a cure all method. The only bore sighters I would ever use if i ever used one would be the laser ones that actually chamber into the gun. This is the problem with shooters today. They try to do all the prep at their house instead of actually squeezing off a few rounds. I too am a look down the barrel guy, and i can usually get within 4 inches. Anyways, atleast you got it fixed. As far as Bass Pro, I'm a big fan of their stuff. And I've never seen the bore sighters that go in the end of a barrel and you look at a graph to be accurate at all, none of them. It's just not a reliable tool. It's two round pegs so there isn't any guaranteed level, and scope height would change the zero point. In future situations, try a different bore sighting technique. As I've said, the graph sighters, all of them, do not work reliable enough to put any faith into. And that's all brands. Redhead stuff in general does what they advertise it to do. It is a more cost effective solution if you're willing to give up a bit of fit and finish.
Nimrod

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.