Sig BDX velocity calibration

Philward

I have a Sig BDX scope and RF on my 7RM and thought I had it sorted with the loads I had made for the rifle. Zero'd at 100yds. Bullets are Barnes 145LRX @ est 2960fps and 7828ssc powder and Nosler 150ABLR @est 3050fps with same powder. Velocities estimated because I destroyed the chrono so using load data for the velocities. Verified zero at range the other day and wanted to check the RF and scope combo for correct bullet impact. Range only goes to 270yds so I ranged the 200yd target, scope provided aimpoint and bullet impact was 4 inches high. Looked for the calibration of velocity feature they say is in the BDX app but couldn't find it at first and it won't work at 200yds, needs to be farther away. So I went to shoot longer distance at 425yds, and impact was 4 inches high with the 145LRX loads. Did the velocity calculation from the app and it suggested 3251fps in the end after the second calibration. I'm a little shocked the velocity was that far off from the load data. The 150ABLR loads came out to 3281fps. The app has changed for the tutorial videos available from Sig so phone page looks different in new version.

From those who have experience with the Sig BDX stuff, has your experience been somewhat the same with that large of a discrepancy? Maybe part of it is the BC values are a little off too?

For reference I'm using the Kilo2200 7x25 RF and the Sierra3 4.5-14 scope. Rifle is Rem700 (old one, started life as an ADL) with 24" barrel.

ALL data inputs must be spot on....

MV, poi shift, scope to bore height, shooting angle, weather data points( alt, humidity, pressure, etc), etc.

My 162's are running near 3100
My 145s are 3280
So the streelok corrected numbers are probably pretty close

With same values in strelok as SIG bdx I get the same elevation corrections, so at least they match. Velocity was the big unknown value for me. Checked them this morning by ranging with bdx, saw the correction then entered same distance in strelok and got same correction.