Sierra reloading manual

logan197

Does anyone out there know why the Sierra 2012 reloading manual does not have the bullet drop charts in it like the previous manual had. They have the BC charts and rifle twist charts and all the info. on how to do the complete math on everything but, not the drop charts out to 500 yrds like the old ones. Just wondering.

Does anyone out there know why the Sierra 2012 reloading manual does not have the bullet drop charts in it like the previous manual had. They have the BC charts and rifle twist charts and all the info. on how to do the complete math on everything but, not the drop charts out to 500 yrds like the old ones. Just wondering.
Call Sierra's Tech Line then ask 'em. I'm sure they'll tell you.

The added pages caused by the inclusion of the drop tables were becoming an issue as the manuals increased in thickness/content. Hornady did something along these same lines, in that they came out with two books, one with relading data and the other nothing but drop tables. As I recall, I think they only sold them as a set; buy the reload data and you got the drop table book as well.

With the plethora of computer programs out there these days, many of them available on line for free, it just wasn't seen as being as needed as it was a few years back.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.