Sierra 7mm 130gr MatchKing for coyotes...

Bubbagump, I too am A 7mm mag fan as well, and have some experiences that for me were bad, but for you it would be good. In the 7mag, or the 22.250, (another one of my sweethearts), if you use Berger MATCH bullets, they will give you through and through without blow up. Last summer I mistakenly loaded some 168 grain ( yellow box) bullets and took them on a crop damage hunt. I shot a summer fat doe at 225 yards and that deer acted as though she wasn't hit but I knew she was. Long story short, and a little tracking as well, that bullet penciled through like a field tip. Muzzle velocity was 2977. Try a 55 gr Berger match ahead of about 34 grains of 8208 in your 22.250 and he is guaranteed a ride in the back of your pick-up truck. Good luck, good shooting, Smoke um'.! AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL 7STW..:)gun)

Last edited:
Bubbagump, I too am A 7mm mag fan as well, and have some experiences that for me were bad, but for you it would be good. In the 7mag, or the 22.250, (another one of my sweethearts), if you use Berger MATCH bullets, they will give you through and through without blow up. Last summer I mistakenly loaded some 168 grain ( yellow box) bullets and took them on a crop damage hunt. I shot a summer fat doe at 225 yards and that deer acted as though she wasn't hit but I knew she was. Long story short, and a little tracking as well, that bullet penciled through like a field tip. Muzzle velocity was 2977. Try a 55 gr Berger match ahead of about 34 grains of 8208 in your 22.250 and he is guaranteed a ride in the back of your pick-up truck. Good luck, good shooting, Smoke um'.! AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL 7STW..:)gun)

Good cheese right there- thanks, I'll give them a shot. Pretty sure the local sporting good joint's got some in so if these Sierra's don't put em down tomorrow then I'll be to town to get on the Berger-wagon that I've been avoiding so long, (mostly just because everyone else buys all the **** Bergers and leaves the rest of us weekend shoppers with Red and Green boxes!~)

SLOAN-
Thanks for the direction, I'll give 'er another go.

Tikkamike and Outlaw- No problem guys- talk all you want on my post, it's a borrowed space for all right? I'm getting plenty of goods with it.
And like I said Mike, I'll more than likely end up spittin Bergers, and I might even give the Barnes a go, thanks. Hope the buffalo are friendly and cooperative this weekend! G'luck

Hey Bubba, I'm not knocking "Red an Green " boxes. I shoot um' and I love um' too, but I was just sharing a little "match bullet " experience that may play into your hand. You can also add black boxes to that scenario, ( you figure it out)! They are
%#€£¥ accurate too! Take care , have fun and give the yotes a ride in a pick up truck. AIM SMALL,MISS SMALL! lightbulb:) 7STW

!

problem could be solved fellas- I got the 50 gr BlitzKings loaded to 3900 and putting them into .868 at a LRF 250 yds which should suffice for now till I get my Stoney point OAL guage back and can tweek my length comfortably!::!

Got a chance to test them on 'ballistic medium'... I think the ears were still attached :D

Thanks for all the insight guys and I'll be sure to try the other ideas if this round has ill results on hide.

Attachments

• IMG_3023.jpg
    IMG_3023.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 64
problem could be solved fellas- I got the 50 gr BlitzKings loaded to 3900 and putting them into .868 at a LRF 250 yds which should suffice for now till I get my Stoney point OAL guage back and can tweek my length comfortably!::!

Got a chance to test them on 'ballistic medium'... I think the ears were still attached :D

Thanks for all the insight guys and I'll be sure to try the other ideas if this round has ill results on hide.

Silly wabbit, blitz are for kids! Now that what I was talking about when I said smokem'. You listen well! Well I think at least one dilemma is over, and I am sure you will figure the other on out. Good job bro'. AIM SMALL, MISS SMALLgun):) 7STW

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.