Side focus turret interferance

fllefty

I had a leupold Long range scope w/side parrallex adj installed on a LH 700 a couple yrs ago but I replaced it w/ a front AO. The reason I did that was because the empty would hit the side dial. My bolt has a sako ejector. Anybody know if I would have the same problem w/std rem bolt. Id like to go to a nightforce scope. Does a righty suffer the same problem. Thanks

I'm a lefty and I have never had that problem on any LH Remington rifle that I own or right hand that I've ever shot. I even had a LH Remington with a Sako ejector that didn't have that problem. I suspect that maybe whoever did the work might have put the ejector up a little too high on the bolt.

Thanks stormrider. Makes sense, I wonder if I can correct the problem or replace the bolt?

Last edited:
I'm also a lefty, all of my rifles are lefties as well. I have 4 Savages, 3 Remmys & 2 Rugers. all of them but 3 have side parallax adjustment, I've never experienced what you are describing, I have 1 Rem with a Sako (never again) & another Rem with the M-16, Ruger or course is CRF. No problems with them so I tend to agree with the above post that maybe there is a flaw in the Sako install or part?

If you switch bolts I HIGHLY recommend the PTG, they are awesome, the Rem w/ M-16 extractor is PTG, I'm very impressed... & at a good price too.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.