Siamese Mauser 45-70 Conversion

ktk120

I cannot find any solid info on this topic. I am wanting a polymer stock for when hunting with a converted 45-70 siamease masuer. I realize richards microfit and some others make correct pattern stocks out of wood.

My question though is what pattern stock is close that I could, with some modification, make a polymer version fit? I know that it either has been done or can be done because google shows plenty pictures of these conversions in polymer stocks.

Someone told me the interamrs X stocks fit others told me nothing can be modified to fit.

Any help is appreciated.

with all due respect the stock makers don't even know what a siamese mauser action made in 1903 is let alone guarantee their stock fits it. I'm looking for some first hand experience. I am positive at this point that no polymer stocks are currently made. I'm looking for someone with experience doing what I want to do and what base mauser stock currently available (K98, M96, Interarms X) is able to be modified to work.

A synthetic blank would be what you want. As noted, the commercial stock manufacturers don't know what a "Siamese Mauser" is, let alone point you at one of their stocks that might work. You have to finish a blank yourself or have a 'smith do it. It is not 'drop-in' and go shoot. Try calling MPI and see what they say about it. 'Bout the only one I can think of at the moment, there may be some others. A K98, Mk X, or '96 isn't going to work for the Siamese, not without a lot of 'glass' work.

I'm not aware of any manufacturer making a polymer stock for a Siamese, which is essentially a K98 from what I know (never handled one).

I know that it either has been done or can be done because google shows plenty pictures of these conversions in polymer stocks.
Show us some? Methinks you're probably looking at fiberglass. I've never seen a cheap polymer stock for K98's.

About 30 years ago I completed the same project. I bought a barreled Siamese action in 45/70 at a gun show. At that time there was a company called Brown Precision that made a Kevlar stock blank they called the one pounder. It was raw, right out of the mold. It was made for a standard Mauser action and when it arrived the front action screw was all that lined up. I spent a fair amount of time and Brownells AcraGel reconfiguring the blank, and while it really wasn't difficult it did take some time. In the end it turned out beautifully, and that rifle was a real thumper. If you have a small bit of skill and are not in a hurry you should be able to buy a Mauser stock and rework it yourself. If you could even find a stockmaker or gunsmith that would do it they're going to charge you a fortune for labor.

Siamese Mauser with dust cover closed and open:

Thai-121-Action.jpg

Note the slant box magazine for rimmed cartridges and the trigger guard:

o_1e3lh875i1g3v113a15r91v2j34ga.jpeg

This is the only redeeming feature which allowed the gun writers to jump on the .45-70 bandwagon. There were only about 400,000 made over just a few years. Americans have managed to destroy thousands with failed amateur attempts to build these into the .45-70.:(

Thanks everyone for the replies. Yes I guess I'm calling polymer/fiberglass the same thing. I decided to just go with wood and do more of a short African plains style rifle build in 50 B&M Alaskan if I can locate some dies.

Recent Posts