SHV 5-20x56mm

pockets380

I noticed over the weekend Nightforce is now offering another scope in the SHV line. Like the title says 5-20x56mm. Looks a great scope for the money. It has all the things I was wishing the 4-14 SHV had. For one a little more magnification for longer shots. Zero set comes standard. It wasn't even offered on the other. Not sure the difference between zero stop and zero set is but it does the same thing. Anyways just thought I'd help spread the news!

SWEET!!! I have been holding out on an SHV hoping they'd hint at adding another scope or 2 to the line-up, and I'm very glad to hear they added this. I'm fixing to head to their site to check it out now!

Thanks for the heads-up.

Interesting, thank you for the info. Will have to look into this. Was hoping they would get around to a 50 instead of the 56.

Now if they'll just make one with exposed turrets instead of capped turrets. I'd pay an extra $100 for that option.

Looked at the Nightforce sight. Does appear they do have some kind of zero stop. But the windage and elevation turrets have been reduced. Believe elevation was 80 and windage was 50. This is way more than a guy like me needs, but do wonder why?

I have been holding out hoping for another in SHV line as well Mudrunner. Glad I did now! Yes the elevation is 80 moa and 50 moa for windage. Like you said dmj, that's plenty for me. There's also 20 moa built into the moar reticle so that helps. I was just looking at the moa differences for elevation in the NXS line.
3.5-15 100moa
5.5-22 100moa
8-32 65moa
12-42 45moa

Looks like the zero set is a single set screw of some kind. Not a zero stop clutch like the others. Still I am ordering one next week.

Double check this but I believe that the scope is not waterproof with the turret cap removed in the SHV so you will not want to throw that turret cap away like was suggested.
I have the SHV 4-14x but would have preferred the 5-20x model for the Zero Set and the increased magnification... but the 14 power will work well enough on the rifle that I have it mounted on as it is my light weight sheep/mountain rifle.

Double check this but I believe that the scope is not waterproof with the turret cap removed in the SHV so you will not want to throw that turret cap away like was suggested.
I have the SHV 4-14x but would have preferred the 5-20x model for the Zero Set and the increased magnification... but the 14 power will work well enough on the rifle that I have it mounted on as it is my light weight sheep/mountain rifle.

Where did you see the scope is not water resistant then the turret caps are removed?

They do make it without caps, it's call the NXS :rolleyes:
Yeah, and not everybody makes the kind of money you do, or has the connections you do... I can't afford a $2,200 scope. Never have been able to, probably never will unless I win the lottery.

I can't even afford to order a barrel blank on a whim, my bills are so tight. Why do you think I shoot factory take-off barrels? It sure ain't because I want to keep things original...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.