show off your big game rifle setup!

Guys, so far all is good with the 8x32 on this rifle. I fitted the Near base so I am 2 moa off bottom when zeroed at 250. This gives me enough up to reach 1800 yards. I have not had any trouble with it so far as far as mirage or heat waves are concerned. I shot my best ever 1000 yrd group with this rifle right after I put it on, that was encouraging. I have only shot it to 1400 yards so far. But I did make a first round cold bore hit on a 7" target at 1400. It does take a bit to get on target on 32 power. But nothing I have a problem with. If so, I can always crank it down. So at this point, until I get more trigger time with it, here is how I see it. For a rifle you are shooting past 1000 yards I think it is a plus. As for a comparison to the 5.5x22 I took off. Well, Like I said, I have enough elevatio to do 1800 yards. Thats enough for me. If I get to missing my 5.5x22 I can always put tape over 23 through 32. Then I have an 8x22 right.. Ha ha. I never used 5.5 to 7 anyway.

Jeff gun) gun)

Late to the party as always.
This is my 300 WSM
Time Percision Action, right bolt left port
HS Percision stock
Kreiger 1:10 barrel.,
Warne base
Burris Xtreme rings
Weaver T36
Cheap Walmart Bipod (hey it works)
and the only sling worth having on a hunting rifle M1907 :D

IMG_0415.jpg

I havent shot anything but paper and steel with it yet but I might drag it out and shoot some p-dogs this weekend, those 208gr A-Max bullets should be just enough.

Last edited:
Here is my .338 Edge with the photo taken in my back yard where I can shoot out past 400m. It is built on a Remington trued action. Has sleeve at rear of bolt for better alignment. Bolt lugs etc trued and lapped. 30" Lilja barrel, 1 : 10 R/H twist, Clancy brake, D.E. cheek piece. N/F 20 MOA steel rail glued and screwed. N/F steel rings and N/F 5.5-22x56 NXS scope with R1 reticle. Chamber is cut long throated to suit the 300gn SMK.
Have shot up to 98 grains of H1000 with no problems but have settled down at 93 grains for low pressure,long case life and better accuracy.
For extreme range target shooting, it also likes a load of 97gn of H1000 behind the 250gn Hornady BTHP match bullet. I use CCI 250 primers.
Game includes, Sambar deer, Fallow deer, Red deer, Pigs, Goats, Rabbits etc.

mypic32.jpg

Whats the numbers of those scope caps? I need some.

and the only sling worth having on a hunting rifle M1907 :D

+1 to the M1907 sling! That's all my rifles wear! Extremely underrated as a shooting tool among hunters.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.